Willie Carroll has been a professional photographer for 3 years, while a full time student in Physical Geography at Carleton University in Ottawa. During this time, he fulfilled a full year assignment as Official Photo Editor for the Charlatan Publications Inc., the student independent newspaper for Carleton University in Ottawa, Ontario (with two prior years of paid and volunteer photo responsibilities).
Highlights of photography projects he has taken on during this time include:
Corporate & News Events
- Official photographer for the Ottawa Heart Institute’s awards dinner
- Corporate public relations event for Ottawa Hydro involving the opening of the Carleton University Laboratory for Smart Grid Technologies
- Photo Editor for “The Charlatan Publications Inc”, Carleton University’s independent paper
- Major events involving Ottawa Mayor Jim Watson, Federal MP and Minister of State for Science & Technology Garry Goodyear, and Federal MP and Official Opposition Critic for Foreign Affairs Paul Dewar
Publicity/On Scene Location Shoots
- Several projects involving on-scene photography of restaurant, retail locations, and art galleries
Sporting, Arts and Entertainment Events
- Ottawa BluesFest, Official on site photography
- Carleton University sporting events including basketball, hockey, soccer and other sports and entertainment events
Social and ‘Milestone’ Events
- Assistant Photographer at multiple weddings throughout the Ottawa area, working on behalf of several prominent Ottawa photographers
- PhotoBooth events on behalf of Photobooth2Go.ca, including weddings, family reunion events and other private celebrations
- Extremely proficient with use of Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Photoshop and WordPress blogging / content management platform.
- In depth experience with use and organization of photography content on social media sites
- Works extremely well in a team oriented, collaborative environment, particularly given my Photo Editor responsibilities. This role has had me take on an increasing number of management oriented responsibilities, including assigning and managing regular, weekly photo assignments to a large group of paid and volunteer photographers.
- Extremely strong set of interpersonal skills, as well as workflow management and the participation in regular, weekly editorial / scheduling / planning meetings, and other responsibilities that go with putting out a professional weekly newspaper to over 27,000 students
Equipment List: available on request
References are available upon request
Please contact me directly to discuss your event so that I may have the opportunity to provide you a quote with respect to my services.